There has never been a better time than now to unite. To unite the city of Amsterdam and its uniqueness with thousands of ecstatic dance lovers. To unite these dance lovers with their all-time favourite artists. And to unite the two biggest Dutch promoters in dance.
LATEST NEWS @AMfestival2013
ABOUT THE FESTIVAL
This fall, ALDA Events and ID&T will bring you the ultimate closing party during Amsterdam Dance Event. Because we believe that the main purpose of music is to enhance emotions. Shaping them and sharing them. Basically, we believe it’s all about love and excitement. Saturday the 19th of October will revolve around these emotions. That’s why it’s with great pride and momentum that we present Amsterdam Music Festival in the Amsterdam RAI.
It will be the climax of a week full of international dance greatness. With a legendary line-up consisting of only the very best of the world's DJ top Amsterdam Music Festival will be without a doubt a once in a lifetime experience. A celebration to love for music and the adrenaline, freedom and excitement that goes with it.
AMF LIVE STREAM
The Top 100 DJs Poll —powered by Trackitdown — has grown to become the definitive yardstick of the world’s most popular DJs and the biggest music poll of its kind in the world. This year a record-breaking vote counting has been cast. Hundreds of thousands of dance music fans have voted for their current five favorite DJs, and for the Top 100 DJs Legend Award brought to you by KLM, carrier of the World’s best DJ’s.
The winners and the full results will be unveiled on 19th October when ALDA Events and ID&T join forces with DJ Mag to turn the Amsterdam RAI into the biggest dance floor of ADE. The DJ mag Top 100 DJs Award show will be held within the Amsterdam Music Festival. The historic award show will be broadcast live on KLM’s own YouTube channel and campaign page: KLM.com/music.
To reflect the 20th anniversary, and in addition to the regular poll voting, DJ Magazine in association with KLM asked music fans to vote for their favorite DJ of the last 20 years. This is the first time an award of this nature will be presented. KLM recognizes that Dutch music pioneers including Armin van Buuren, Tiësto, Hardwell, Nicky Romero, Sunnery James and Ryan Marciano, plus promoters like ID&T and labels like Armada, have flown around the world multiple times, setting international standards within the electronic music scene. As a big supporter of the pioneering Dutch spirit and a carrier of ‘Dutch pride’, presenting a historical award like this was a natural fit to KLM, particularly as the awards are in the company’s hometown and that 2013 is the 25th anniversary of the Dutch dance music.
KLM is also giving you the chance to come to the Amsterdam Music Festival yourself. Board a flight to Amsterdam, win a Meet & Greet with a festival pass, and visit KLM.com/music where KLM will be broadcasting a unique live stream from the festival.
We are expecting a legendary night. Don’t miss it!
Here you can find all practical information concerning The Amsterdam Music Festival, such as: Purchasing tickets, Event policies, Address, Route & Travel and Event House Rules.
The doors to the event will open at 22h00 and the event ends at 07h00. The entrance of Amsterdam RAI will be indicated with numerous signs.
There will be lockers available during Amsterdam Music Festival to store your belongings. Please note that the lockers won't be accessible from the moment you've entered the event until you leave. Costs are €12 (incl. €5 deposit) for a regular locker and €13,50 (incl. €5 deposit) for a large locker.
Drinks have to be paid for with tokens. These tokens are available at selected vending machines inside the venue and can be paid in cash or via ATM machines (debit card). The price per token is €2,75. It is not possible to receive cash money via the ATM machines and the tokens are non-refundable.
An ordinary (digital) camera is allowed. It is forbidden to carry professional photographic equipment, unless otherwise agreed upon.
Amsterdam Music Festival is an 18+ event. Identification will be checked at the door. If you are younger than 18 years or don’t have your ID with you, you will not be granted access to Amsterdam Music Festival.
During Amsterdam Music Festival the Dutch government will be enforcing a 'zero tolerance' policy. This means that all drugs (including soft drugs) are not allowed. We advise you not to take drugs with you. If you are found with drugs you will be turned over to the police and refused entrance to the event.
Smoking is not allowed inside public spaces in the Netherlands. There will be a designated smoking area at the venue, located next to the Sexy by Nature vs. Size Matters area. Please note that only cigarettes are allowed.
The event is open to people in wheelchairs: special ramps, elevators and toilets will be available at the venue.
During Amsterdam Music Festival, voluntary organisation Unity will spread their knowledge on the use of alcohol and other drugs. In an objective and open minded way, Unity will be present to consult the guests on these subjects.
Lost and found
Lost & found items will be collected. Have you lost something during the festival? Please send a detailed description of the item to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will get back to you.
In case any injuries might happen, there will be well trained medical staff present at the venue. Please don’t hesitate to ask one of our medical staff members for help.
Ear plugs for hearing protection will be sold through vending machines at the entrance, the DJ Mag main stage and the Sexy by Nature vs. Size Matters area.
Address of the event venue
1078 GZ Amsterdam
Route & Travel
The train and subway station Amsterdam RAI are located on a five minute walking distance from the Amsterdam RAI venue. Plan your journey by public transport here. We advise to buy a train ticket in advance, as there will only be a limited number of ticket machines at the train station.
The first train in the morning from Amsterdam RAI station will depart at 6:30. If you’re planning on leaving earlier, we advise you to travel by car.
By Tram & Bus
From Amsterdam Central Station (CS):
Tram 4, exit at the RAI Europaplein (travelling time: 20 minutes)
At CS take metro 54, change at metro station Spaklerweg to metro 51, exit at metro station Station RAI (travelling time: 15 minutes)
From Station Amstel Amsterdam:
Tram 12, exit at Waalstraat/Churchilllaan (travelling time: 5 minutes)
Bus 65, exit at Dintelstraat or bus 62, exit at RAI Europaplein (travelling time 10 minutes)
Metro 54, change at metro station Spaklerweg to metro 51, exit at metro station Station RAI (travelling time: 10 minutes)
From Station Sloterdijk Amsterdam:
Tram 12, exit at Maasstraat/Churchilllaan (travelling time: 25 minutes)
Metro 50, exit Station RAI (travelling time: 15 minutes)
For accurate times check the public transportation planner.
NS-station Amsterdam RAI is 300 meters from the RAI and has regular connections to various parts of the Netherlands, like Schiphol, Rotterdam, Utrecht, The Hague. Check the NS website for your best travel route and times.
You can reach Amsterdam RAI from Amsterdam Airport Schiphol by car (taxi) or public transport.
From Station Schiphol:
Train (sprinter) to Almere Oostvaarders, exit at Station RAI (travelling time: 10 minutes)
Train (intercity) to Utrecht Centraal, exit at Station Amsterdam Zuid and change to metro 51, exit at Station RAI (travelling time: 20 minutes)
The RAI is ideally suited for visitors who come by car. It is situated alongside the Amsterdam’s A10 orbital motorway (exit S109) and has its own underground car parks. Numerous signboards indicate repeatedly to the RAI.
For route planner navigate to:
Europaplein 22, 1078 GZ Amsterdam, The Netherlands
There are numerous car parking facilites at and near the Amsterdam RAI exhibition centre. Check out Amsterdam RAI’s website for more information.
ALDA Events house rules
Please note that these rules automatically apply whenever attending one of our events. This means that all of these rules apply to all of our visitors and that these have to be respected at all times.
- Alda Events reserves the right to refuse individual entry to the event at all times.
- Alda Events reserves the right to amend the events policy at all times.
- Alda Events reserves the right to make (live) video recordings on location at the event using both image - and sound carriers. These recordings may be used by the organization without any form of remuneration (in the form of money or otherwise) being payable to the visitors in question.
- Visitors to the event must agree to being searched at the entrance, if requested.
- The minimum age for Amsterdam Music Festival is 18 years. If a visitor's age is in doubt, proof of ID may be requested. If you are aged under 18 or unable to produce any identification, you may be refused entry.
- Visitors must comply with the Dutch compulsory identification laws.
- Disabled people will have access to the areas in and around the venue. There are wide entrances and special toilets. When there is more than one floor in the venue there will be an elevator or another special way to get access from one floor to another. There are no special areas for disabled visitors. Wheelchairs and crutches for disabled people are always allowed into the venue.
- There are enough places in the venue where people can sit for those not able to stand for a long time. Own seats will not be allowed into the venue.
- Visitors’ own food and drinks, bottles, cans, alcohol, glassware or inflammable materials are prohibited at the venue at all times and may not be brought inside.
- Drugs are prohibited all times and ALDA Events carries a zero tolerance policy. This applies to both to the consumption and sale of drugs.
- Visitors will be thoroughly searched at the entrance. Persons found to be in possession of drugs will be immediately handed over to the police.
- Weapons are strictly prohibited. Be sensible, and leave all objects at home that could be regarded as weapons. Objects that could be used as weapons will also be confiscated at all times.
- It is prohibited to conduct commercial activities at or around the venue.
- Visitors attend the event entirely at their own risk.
- ALDA Events is not liable for loss or damages either to visitors’ property or physical condition.
- The areas in and around the venue will be strictly live monitored for disturbances. Persons who commit misconduct in any manner whatsoever shall be removed from the venue immediately.
- Bringing professional or semi-professional photographic equipment to events is prohibited, unless agreed upon otherwise by means of an assigned press accreditation. Normal digital or other cameras, however, are permitted.
- Alda Events is not liable for direct or indirect damages resulting from inaccuracies in, or problems caused by or inherent to, the spread of information via Internet, or technical malfunctions.